For a limited time, Laurel Ridge is welcoming new members with discounted initiations fees for Golf, Sports or Social Memberships with a two-year membership agreement. Spread the word to your friends, family and colleagues. Best of all, if you refer a new prospective member and they join, you receive a credit to your club account. For a new Lifetime Golf member, this credit will be $300; if you refer an Associate Golf member, you will receive $200. For a Young Professional, Sports or Social member, a $100 credit will be given. Call Mandy in the office for details or to arrange a tour for your referrals.
FROM THE DIRECTOR OF GOLF
- Our club is pleased to announce its participation in Boxgroove.com, an online golf network that connects serious golfers with private courses across the country. All members get a complimentary $49 membership to Boxgroove for as long as LRCC is a Boxgroove affiliate! This allows members to schedule tee times at private clubs across Boxgroove’s network. To date, Boxgroove has partnered with over 1,100+ private clubs from 48 states and Canada, with new clubs added each month. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact Duane Page, 828.452.0545, ext. 171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our 2017 Men’s Golf Member-Guest Tournament will be held July 20-22, 2017. All male golfing members are eligible to participate in this prestigious annual golf tournament. Invite your guests for this memorable 3-day event to enjoy the club’s southern hospitality as we showcase our beautiful championship golf course. Registration will begin on May 1st and entry is open to the first 36 teams.
- Spring Golf Course Aerification will begin on Monday, March 20th. Golf play should resume on Friday, March 24th, barring any unforeseen circumstances. During aerification, the Golf Shop will be open and can assist members with tee times at area golf courses. The exact time that the course will reopen is partially dependent on Mother Nature, so please call the Golf Shop for an update, 828-452-0545, ext. 171.
- GREAT PLAYS!
- Deborah Beasley is our current Ladies’ Club Champion for a very good reason…she is at the top of her game! On Sunday, February 12, Deborah shot a DOUBLE EAGLE on hole #15 playing with her husband, Dan. Outstanding!
- Congrats to Jeff Neff on his hole-in-one on February 12th at LRCC. His wife Teri witnessed his ace on Hole #17, 150 yards with an 8 iron!
- Bob May shot is age of 68 on January 12th while playing with Hollis Prior and Jim Major. This accomplishment is a feat at any age! Well done!
- All members can benefit from 24-hour Fitness Center access and take advantage of the state-of-the-art cardio and weight training equipment. Call the office for your confidential access code.
We are already working to provide our members with a great season on the courts in 2017! Preliminary work and cleanup has begun on the courts and resurfacing is scheduled for mid-April. We’re excited to announce that Larry Turville will run LRCC’s tennis program in the coming season and will be on hand for lessons, clinics and leadership on the courts. With over 30 years teaching experience, Larry also has played professionally for nine years. As a senior, he won 45 National titles in Singles and Doubles, including five World Doubles and one World Singles title in 2010, when he was ranked #1 in the world in Men’s 60 & over. A tennis professional of this caliber will certainly elevate your membership experience at LRCC!
Reservations are especially important this time of year for staffing and food preparation. We thank you in advance for calling ahead for dinner and brunch reservations!
- MARCH DINING HOURS: Lunch and dinner will be served each Tuesday and Friday, along with brunch every Sunday. Lunch hours are 11:30 am-2:30; dinner service begins at 5:30 pm through 8:30 pm and Brunch is served 11 am-3:30 pm. Spring dining hours will resume April 4th.
- SUNDAY’S BRUNCH menu includes carved smoked ham, roasted turkey breast with gravy, sweet potato casserole, cornbread dressing, broccoli casserole, Southern green beans, carrot raisin salad, mixed green salad, omelet station, banana-nut french toast casserole plus all your breakfast favorites for $23.99. Ages 7-12 can dine for $8; 6 & under are free! MEMBERS ONLY can order the breakfast portion for $13.99. The Bar is offering specials on Bloody Marys & Mimosas.
- If you love BBQ, you won’t want to miss dinner at the club next Tuesday! Your favorite pulled pork, St. Louis pork ribs and beef brisket plus all the fixin’s will be offered on Tuesday’s dinner menu!
- FLYING PASTA NIGHT will be Tuesday, March 21st! Our Chefs will create your pasta dish right in front of you! This is a perfect night to show off the club to guests!
- A new PRIME RIB NIGHT will be held on Tuesday, March 28th. Mark your calendars and don’t miss this introductory night of dining!
For the safety of our members, guests and staff, we respectfully ask that no vehicles should park in the No Parking areas posted in front of the clubhouse. These spaces are clearly marked and must be left vacant for access by emergency vehicles and personnel. Thank you for your consideration.
ONLINE ACCOUNT ACCESS & PAYMENT OPTIONS
All members can now view their club charges, payments and statements online! This means that if you are uncertain about a dining or golf charge, you can view the actual ticket in question. Or if you want to know your current account balance, you have full access to all your up-to-date account information. Simply follow the Paycloud Portal link provided on the bottom of LRCC’s website homepage. An option to pay online with a credit card using PLASTIQ is also available for a minimal fee. To find out your confidential account sign-on, call the office or email email@example.com.
As a convenience to our members, MONTHLY ACH WITHDRAWALS can be drafted from your bank account to pay your monthly statement! Banks drafts will be scheduled each month for the total amount due on your current statement to debit your account on approximately the 15th of each month. To choose this payment option and authorize monthly drafts directly from your bank account, please contact the office or download and submit the ACH Authorization form.
STATEMENTS BY EMAIL
Did you know that you can receive your monthly statement by email? This option is great for many members that travel frequently or have more than one residence. To choose email statements and opt out of mailed statements, call the office and leave your preferred email address that you would like to use. It’s that easy!
- June 26-30, 2017
- July 10-14, 2017
- July 24-28, 2017
Your child or grandchild, age 6 – 14, will benefit from valuable lessons from our Tennis & Golf Pros plus many other activities such as swimming, pickleball, basketball, backgammon and more. Days packed full of sports and learning activities will ensure a fun experience for all! Reserve your child’s space today, (828) 452-0545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
SAVE THE DATE!! All members are invited to CASINO NIGHT on Saturday, June 3, 2017, at Laurel Ridge to raise funds for the Haywood Healthcare Foundation. The fun evening will include dancing, roulette, poker, Black Jack, craps & heavy hors d’oeuvres. Proceeds fund the Foundation’s mission to improve the health status of the people of Haywood County through educational programs, grants, scholarships and leadership opportunities. For tickets and information, contact Marge Stiles, 452-8343.
“If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?” ~Percy Bysshe Shelley