‘Tis the season to give! Time is running out and there are still eight tags left on the Salvation Army ANGEL TREE. Thanks to those who have already contributed gifts and money. Your donations will benefit local children in Haywood County and will surely make Christmas morning brighter for many. Angel tags can be found on the trees in the Pro Shop entrance and in the clubhouse. Please stop by today and take one (or two!). If you can’t take a tag, you can still contribute and we will charge any amount to your club account and our elves will do the shopping. Call Mandy in the office for more information, 828-452-0545, ext. 131 or reply to this email. Please respond no later than Monday; gifts are to be picked up soon.
RING IN THE NEW YEAR LAUREL RIDGE STYLE!
Members will enjoy an evening of dancing and dining, highlighted by a champagne toast at midnight. Chef’s menu begins with shrimp cocktail, oysters Rockefeller, brie with brown sugar & bourbon and vegetable crudite. The scrumptious buffet features carved beef tenderloin, crab-stuffed Norwegian salmon, roasted fingerling potatoes, cous cous pilaf, cumin carrots, asparagus, NY Cheesecake & lavender crème brûlée . Continental Divide has entertained the Southeast for 30 years, and they will keep the dance floor full playing your favorite songs from the decades until midnight. According to our NYE survey, this is the party that you want at your club…don’t miss it! The cost for dinner, entertainment and midnight champagne toast is $68++.
Merry Christmas! Please be aware of the following holiday hours for LRCC:
- Christmas Eve-Golf Shop closes at 1 pm; Restaurant/Bar & Office closed
- Christmas Day-LRCC closed; No Brunch
FROM THE GOLF SHOP
Berndard Langer visited the area over Thanksgiving and enjoyed two rounds of golf with friends and family at LRCC! Needless to say, we were very excited to welcome a great golfer of his caliber to the club! Our understanding is that he even complimented our “tour quality” greens! Pictured (L-R): Bernhard Langer, Eric Gifford & Luke Gifford (Villari’s son-in-law & grandson, and Jason Langer. We will certainly continue to follow his stellar professional career in the PGA Tour Champions.
PRO SHOP SALE!
Gift certificates for golf make the perfect Christmas gift! For those members leaving us for warmer climates, don’t forget to spend your Golf Credit Book before you go! These credits do not carry over into 2017. It’s a great time to finish your Christmas shopping for the golfers on your list.
- All ladies clothing is on sale for 40% off!
- Men’s golf shirts by Cutter & Buck and FootJoy, $39.95-$49.95.
- Bridgestone & Titleist GOLF BALL SALE!
- STOCKING STUFFERS: 20% off gloves, caps, visors, socks, towels & more!
FITNESS CENTER NEWS
- No need to worry about putting on a few extra pounds over the holidays…just check out one of these weekly Fitness Classes for ladies & men in LRCC’s Aerobics room! All members can benefit from 24-hour access to our Fitness Center. Call the office for your access code.
- Be sure to stop by and see the new TVs in the Cardio & Weight rooms. Members are really going to enjoy these during their workouts and we think they are a terrific asset!
- LMBT Brenda Gibson offers MASSAGE SERVICES at LRCC by appointment, (850) 491-9425. She also has convenient online booking on her website, waynesvillemassagebybrenda.com. Contact Brenda for massage gift certificates for your loved ones!
Old Man Winter has finally made an appearance with temperatures in the teens at night (with wind chills near zero!) and daily highs just above freezing. This chill has necessitated closing the tennis courts for the season. Stay tuned for great news about next year’s tennis season! We are already hard at work planning a great 2017 at LRCC’s courts!
LRCC was honored to host over 300 members and their friends and families on Thanksgiving Day. We are proud that this holiday event has grown exponentially over recent years and we appreciate your patronage. Last night’s Member Christmas Jubilee was a great way to get in the holiday spirit. The evening was highlighted by a beautiful performance by the Voices in the Laurel children’s choir. Members definitely witnessed several stars in the making! Hopefully, everyone remembered to tell Santa what they wanted most for Christmas!
- LRCC is a wonderful place to share the holidays with our members and the community. We have numerous events scheduled in the coming weeks that will necessitate closing dinner service on the following dates: December 13, 14 & 16. Lunch and Brunch will still be available without interruption, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when dining is closed so that our staff can celebrate with their families. Thank you for understanding! If you are unsure about dining availability, please call ahead or visit our online events calendar.
- Limited restaurant hours will be implemented for the months of January, February and March when many members are absent. During this period, lunch and dinner will be served each Tuesday and Friday, along with brunch every Sunday. All dining will be closed Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday. This schedule will still provide members the opportunity to dine weekly at the club! In case of implement weather, please call ahead to ensure availability. We will not risk the safely of members or staff if road conditions are unsafe.
- As the season comes to a close, many members still have a balance left to spend on their annual Food & Beverage Minimum. If you are unsure of your minimum balance, please call the office. There are still many opportunities to come enjoy lunch, brunch or dinner and dine with us in December! And remember, To Go orders and catering will also count toward your minimum; however, alcoholic beverages do not per NC law. Any unspent portion left on your minimum will be billed to your account on January 1, 2017.
- Please join us for as special HOLIDAY BRUNCH on Sunday featuring seasonal music with Jazz Guitarist, Steve Wohlrab & an exquisite brunch buffet! Chef’s menu includes carved sirloin au jus, roasted turkey with gravy, chorizo cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, steamed cabbage, pickled beets, mixed green salad, omelet station, Belgian waffles with berry compote plus all your breakfast favorites for $23.99. Ages 7-12 can dine for $8; 6 & under are free! MEMBERS ONLY can order the breakfast portion for $13.99. The Bar is offering specials on Bloody Marys & Mimosas.
- Chef Al will offer a PRIME RIB BUFFET on Tuesday, December 20th! The menu will include peel & eat shrimp, New England clam chowder, carved slow-roasted prime rib au jus, chicken francaise, roasted red potatoes, Basmati rice pilaf, spaghetti squash casserole, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, mixed green salad, fresh fruit & assorted desserts for $22.99. Ages 7-12 can eat for $8; 6 & under are free.
- FLYING PASTA NIGHT is Tuesday, December 27th! Our Chefs will create your pasta dish right in front of you! This is a night to show off the club to guests!
Laurel Ridge is welcoming new members with discounted initiations fees for Golf, Sports or Social Memberships. Spread the word to your friends, family and colleagues. Best of all, if you refer a prospective member and they join, you receive a credit to your club account. For a new Lifetime Golf member, this credit will be $300; if you refer an Associate Golf member, you will receive $200. For a Young Professional, Sports or Social member, a $100 credit will be given. Call the office for details or to arrange a tour for your referrals.