WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
As we welcome a new year at LRCC, we also give a warm welcome to several new members to the Laurel Ridge family!
- Lee & Patsy Davis, Waynesville, NC
- Robert & Gwen Lazenby, Miami, FL
- Charles & Barbara Stack, St. Augustine, FL
- Laura & Todd Tragesser, Clyde, NC
- Charles & Winslow Umberger, Biltmore Lake, NC
PRO SHOP SALE!
New and used golf clubs are available at great prices from $10 to $80! Choose from wedges, drivers and full iron sets. Check them out before they’re gone! Call Duane in the Pro Shop for more information, 828-452-0545, option 1.
SAVE THE DATE!
A busy season of golf is approaching and we are excited to announce the following dates for some major golf events you will want to put on your calendar. This list is not inclusive and many more golf events are also planned so please check the online calendar and your email for additional dates, updates or changes.
- April 5 – LRMGA Opening Day
- April 9 – Green Jacket Classic
- April 13 – LRLGA Opening Day
- May 6-7 Derby Days
- May 21-22 – Men’s Member/Member
- May 30 – Memorial Day Scramble & Dinner
- June 5 – Battle of the Sexes
- June 22 & 24 – LRLGA Member/Member
- July 4 – Golf Scramble, Cart Parade & Dinner
- July 14-16 – Men’s Member/Guest
- August 5-7 – WNC Mixed Couple’s Event
- August 10 – LRLGA Member/Guest
- August 19-21 – Club Championships
- August 27-28 – Mixed Member/Member
- September 29 & October 1-2 – Piedmont Cup & Lady Eagle Cup
CABIN FEVER BUFFET TONIGHT!
Come out of the cold for a warm meal! Chef’s buffet tonight, January 19, will feature baked chicken, country style steak, smashed potatoes, white rice, broccoli casserole, roasted carrots, green salad, seafood file gumbo & more for $18.99. Kids age 7-12 eat for $8; 6 & under are free! Looking ahead, Flying Pasta Night is Tuesday, January 26, 2016…make your reservations now!
HEALTHY LIVING SERIES
Tonight is the last opportunity to attend the current Healthy Living seminars offered by Jacque McLaughlin. There is no charge for the event that runs from 6-7 pm in the Mountain Vista Room. For more information, contact Jacque at (828) 452-2958.
WINGS & HOOPS
Join us this Saturday, January 23, for basketball, wings and draft beer beginning at 11:30 am. Televised games at noon include #1 Oklahoma vs. #13 Baylor! Wings are only 50 cents and the bar will have $1.5 domestic draft and $2 import draft. Also offered will be catfish fingers $7, chips & queso $5 or Southwestern egg rolls $4. Or if you prefer, order from the Grille menu.
Some LRCC members have notified us recently that their personal email addresses have been compromised. It appears a robot hacker accessed the Membership Directory on the Member’s Only page of our website. We feel very strongly about protecting our member’s personal information and are concerned about any possible breach. The Membership Directory is now fully encrypted and requires a password to access. Please be vigilant about opening emails that appear to be suspicious.
The following are but a few of the Tennis Services that will be offered in 2016. If you are interested in any of these, please reply and let us know!
- FIND-A-GAME SERVICE-With our Find-A-Game Service, you’ll never go without a game at LRCC in 2016. Our tennis professional will help you line up a game with advance or even short notice. Simply register with our matchmaker service by signing up with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your ability level, preference for singles and/or doubles and best days/times you are available to play.
- TENNIS LADDERS-Anyone having interest in playing on a singles, doubles or mixed doubles ladder should submit their name(s) and we will initiate any ladder having four or more rungs on June 1st, with prizes to be awarded to the ladder champions at the season ending tennis banquet in mid-September.
- INTERCLUB PLAY-For those members who have a thirst for competition, our tennis professional will take great interest in promoting and organizing Interclub play at all levels with other clubs in our region. If you have the inclination, please sign up with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TENTATIVE 2016 TENNIS SPECIAL EVENT CALENDAR
- June 11-12 Tennis Opening Weekend
- June 25-26 Adult NTRP Tournament & Party
- July 9-10 LRCC Pro-Am Tournament & Party
- July 30-31 LRCC Tennis Member-Guest Tournament Weekend
- Sept. 6-11 LRCC Club Tennis Championships
- Sept. TBD End of Season Tennis Banquet
FITNESS CLASSES CONTINUE
Pilates with Erin Owen & Yoga with Candra Smith are ongoing throughout the winter months. Erin offers three different weekly Pilates Classes on Mondays and Fridays with targeted results for participants. Candra Smith will lead a Gentle Yoga class suitable for all levels every Monday at 10 am.
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT’S WINTER PROJECT UPDATE
Last week was very productive on the golf course. We almost have all the brush and trees cut and cleaned up on holes #12-#14. Because of weather conditions, we have had to jump around on these holes; frost and cart paths have dictated which hole we can work on, on which day. Obviously #13 does not have a cart path, so this one-day project has been the toughest to finish due to the frost. On hole #14 alone, over 150 trees of various sizes have been cut. We poured concrete on the lower side of the spillway on #7 on Monday. With the minimum yardage of concrete ordered, I anticipated that we could have a small quantity left so we formed the drain basins on #14 and re-poured those that were cracked or damaged over the past 30 years. The drains were flushed on #12 and #14 as well. Ditches were re-filled on #14, and about a gator load of small rocks were picked up on these three holes. Next week we will mow one day, start brush/tree cutting on #15 and #16, and address the line washing out in two places on #15. We are making very good progress.
Logan H. Nesbitt, Golf Course Superintendent
GOLF CART TRAIL FEE PROGRAM
For those interested golf members, there is cart trail program availability at this time. if you would like to use your personal cart on our golf course, please contact Mandy at 452-0545, extension 131 for details and reserve your spot today.
NEW TRIVIA CHAMPS
Congratulations to the winning team from Tuesday night’s trivia game, Team Clueless. In a close battle, Team Clueless won in a tie breaker for an exciting finish to a fun evening. Pictured are winning team members (L-R) Alan & Laura Lang, Jim Janke, David & Susan Smith, Martha Anderson, Kevin Murphy & Pat Janke. The next Trivia Night will be on February 9, 2016 at 7 pm. Come early for dinner and enjoy a New Orleans’ inspired Fat Tuesday Buffet.