Our Management Team is very pleased to hear that LRCC members care so much about their club! Your survey responses made that abundantly clear. The input and suggestions have also shown many areas where enhancements and changes can be made to improve your membership experience. Each and every response was tabulated and given consideration and a letter has been drafted to be mailed and emailed very soon. This letter will summarize all the member survey responses and detail the club’s plan of action…many projects that were suggested have already begun! Watch for the letter soon and feel free to email Seth or Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional thoughts.
Thanks for your patience as our technicians work to solve the intermittent problem with our phone system. In the meantime, dialing the direct extensions may help; ie., use ext. 171 for the Pro Shop; for dining reservations, call ext. 140 and for the office, please use ext. 131 or simply dial zero.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
We are growing! Please join us in extending a hearty Laurel Ridge welcome to our newest members:
- Robert & Sherrie Edwards, Webster, NC
Laurel Ridge has lost a long-time member and friend to many. Don Hicks passed away on October 14 from sepsis contracted after an aortic valve replacement. Please keep his wife, Marilyn, and family in your thoughts and prayers. His obituary was shared by the family and is available to download.
NEW ACCOUNT PAYMENT OPTIONS
Members now have more options to pay their monthly LRCC statements! ACH withdrawals, credit card and debit card payments are available to make paying your bill more convenient.
- Monthly ACH withdrawals can be drafted approximately on the 15th of each month. To choose this payment option and authorize monthly drafts directly from your bank account to pay your current month-end balance due, please contact the office for an ACH Authorization form. Allow up to one month for this service to begin after the form is completed and returned.
- To make a payment on your member account with credit or debit cards, simply follow the link provided on the bottom of LRCC’s website homepage (Paycloud Portal). Payments are made through Plastiq and a minimal fee is applicable (2.5% for credit cards; 1 % for debit cards). For confidential log on procedures, call the office or email email@example.com.
FROM THE GOLF SHOP
- PRO SHOP SALE! All ladies clothing is on sale for 40% off! Penta golf balls by TaylorMade are Buy One Get One Free! Also, Bridgestone Golf Balls are offered at a special price: B330 Series, buy 2 dozen, get one free; E Series, buy 2 dozen for $40 (regularly $31/dozen). It’s not too early to start your Christmas shopping for the golfers on your list!
- Deborah Beasley and Kathleen Korber represented Laurel Ridge lady golfers at the NC Senior Women’s Golf Association by coming home as winners! The field of 96 golfers competed at River Landing in Wallace, NC. For the 4th consecutive year, Deborah was the Champion. She bested her nearest competitor by 7 strokes after the two-day event concluded. Kathleen competed in the 2nd flight and won 2nd Low Gross honors. Congratulations on your well-deserved victories!
- BRWGA – The end of season two-day Blue Ridge Women’s Golf Association tournament was held at Wolf Laurel Country Club on October 4-5. LRCC had five ladies participating. Ann Cramm came in 2nd place overall. In Flight #1, Deborah Beasley was 1st and Lisa Benson was 2nd. Congratulations on the great play, ladies! Way to represent Laurel Ridge!
We are pleased to offer a full slate of fitness classes for our members led by certified professionals. Fees for each class are payable directly to the instructor:
- FITNESS TRAINING with Strick Strickland – Free class for members every Wednesday at noon. Let Strick’s years of experience help you tailor your workout to get the most benefit for a healthy life! No pre-registration required; meet in the Weight Room & prepare to be motivated.
- TRX with Eileen Corbin – A new and different approach to fitness for men and women, also known as Suspension Training, that is safe regardless of age, gender or fitness level. Space is limited to 4 participants per class on Tuesdays at 2 pm and Wednesdays at 9:15 am ($10). Please call Eileen to register, 828-421-8566.
- TONE & STRETCH with Lisa Falbo – This session is open to men and ladies and will focus on light resistance training and deep yoga-type stretching on Mondays at 10 am. Cost is $10 payable to Lisa. If you have questions, contact Lisa at 828-337-1368.
- MUSCLES & MASCARA with Lisa Falbo – energetic mix of low impact cardio training, functional fitness and strength training for women only on Tuesdays at 9 am ($10).
- PILATES MAT with Erin Owen – Improve your flexibility and balance with this well-rounded, challenging, and invigorating pilates class on Mondays at 5:45 pm ($12).
- PILATES FOR BUFF BONES with Erin Owen – Suitable for almost anyone even those without bone density issues! Offered Fridays at 10 am ($12).
- CONDITIONING FOR GOLF & RACQUET SPORTS with Erin Owen – Crafted for golfers & tennis players and their specific needs and goals with exercises and stretches that address stability & control, improve range of motion, and help prevent injury. Offered Fridays at 11 am ($12).
- LMBT Brenda Gibson is offering MASSAGE SERVICES by appointment only, (850) 491-9425. She also offers convenient online booking on her website, waynesvillemassagebybrenda.com.
- The tennis ball machine is available for members’ use at a rate of $12/hour. To reserve the ball machine, please contact Duane in the Golf Shop in advance so that his staff can assist you, 452-0545, ext. 171.
- Club staff will maintain and groom the tennis courts on a daily basis. If any issues with court maintenance arise, please call the office asap. Court reservations should be made in the Cabana.
Thanks for your incredible support of the restaurant this season! The restaurant serves dinner every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evening. Check your email or the online events calendar for menus and hours. Lunch in the clubhouse is available Tuesday through Saturday and a scrumptious Sunday Brunch is offered with a different menu weekly. Please call ahead for dinner and brunch reservations.
- As the season comes to a close, many members still have a balance left to spend on their annual Food & Beverage Minimum. No worries though, there are still many opportunities to come enjoy lunch, brunch or dinner and dine with us! And remember, To Go orders and catering will also count toward your minimum; however, alcoholic beverages do not per NC law. Please keep in mind that December will be very busy with outside events and parties, so it may be wise not to wait until late. Any unspent portion left on your minimum will be billed to your account on January 1, 2017.
- Sunday’s Brunch menu features carved roast beef au jus, fried chicken, roasted potatoes, black-eyed peas, vegetable casserole, Southern green beans, broccoli salad, mixed green salad, omelet station, biscuits & gravy & all your breakfast favorites for $22.99. Ages 7-12 can dine for $8; 6 & under are free! MEMBERS ONLY can order the breakfast portion for $13.99. The Bar is offering specials on Bloody Marys & Mimosas. Brunch is served from 11 am-2:30 pm.
- Next Tuesday on November 1, Chef will prepare an ITALIAN BUFFET with chicken Marsala, spaghetti bolognese, pasta fagioli & more!
- A SOUTHERN BUFFET will be offered on Tuesday, November 8 featuring all your “Made in the South” favorites! Don’t miss this casual Tuesday buffet.
- WE LOVE OUR VETERANS! On VETERAN’S DAY (Friday, November 11), any current member or guest of a member that has served our country in any branch of the military will receive a free appetizer during dinner service! This is our way of saying thank you and showing that we recognize your sacrifices and appreciate your service! If you are a veteran, please let us know so that we can honor you.
- FLYING PASTA NIGHT is Tuesday, November 15! Our Chefs will create your pasta dish right in front of you! This is a popular dining event so please call ahead for reservations.
- An exquisite THANKSGIVING BUFFET will be served on Thursday, November 24, from 11:00 am-3:00 pm. The menu will feature slow-roasted NC turkey with sage gravy, hardwood-smoked ham, carved prime rib au jus, cornbread dressing, oyster dressing, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle, currant & almond pilaf, collard greens, vegetable casserole, cranberry relish, tri-colored kale salad, mixed green salad, fresh fruit, ambrosia & desserts! Cost for adults is $29.99; kids 7-12 are $8. Six and under eat free. Reservations are a must! Please call before noon on Wednesday, November 23.
- Mark your calendars and make plans to attend our MEMBER CHRISTMAS PARTY on Wednesday, December 7. We will kick off the holiday season with the angelic Voices in the Laurel Children’s Choir! Mark your calendars and watch for more information! You won’t want to miss this celebration of the season!
LRCC offers THANKSGIVING CATERING if you prefer to entertain your family and friends in the comfort of your home. Order a complete meal to feed 10-12 people for only $195 or pick and choose from our a la carte selections. Call Danielle at 452-0545, ext. 138 to place your order by Saturday, November 19 to be picked up Wednesday, November 23 between 4-6 pm.
Do you know anyone looking for a country club home? We just love when our members tell their friends and colleagues about us! Spread the word…Laurel Ridge is welcoming new members with discounted initiations fees for Golf, Sports or Social Memberships. Best of all, when you refer a prospective member and they join, you receive a thank you – an account credit to spend any way you like. Call the office for details or to arrange a tour for your referrals.
KARE FESTIVAL OF TREES
Members are invited to a fundraising event to support KARE’s mission to end child abuse and neglect through advocacy and education on Thursday, November 17. Our halls will be decked and lights twinkling for an evening of cocktails, heavy hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction. For tickets, call 828-456-8995 or visit www.karehouse.org.
Team Empty-Headed Nesters win again! Congrats to winning team members: Mark & Barbara Leigh, Marilynn Obrig, Sonia McGowan, Geri & Don McGowan, (back row) Steve & Florence Scarborough. The excellent but difficult questions were given by Ron Petty & Raymond McGowan. The next Trivia Night will be November 8th. Join the fun!