Welcome to the 2018 golf season at Laurel Ridge Country Club! The maintenance staff is very excited to provide a great golf course this year after a very successful 2017 season. For the first time in my 14 year superintendent career, all maintenance staff members returned from the previous season. With the need to hire eliminated, staff is already trained and familiar with each task and hole locations.
Crews accomplished many projects over the winter and we’re excited for golfers to experience these enhancements. Some tasks are being wrapped up this week and others will be addressed in the coming weeks. Some of these upcoming improvements include:
- additional yardage markers will be added
- bunker rake handles will be refinished
- more 150 yard stakes will be placed
- #9 ladies’ tee stairs will be replaced
- #17 culvert will be fixed
- mulching will be completed
- brush piles will be burnt
- new locking valve box lids are ordered
We hope everyone enjoys the gorgeous annuals that are currently being planted throughout the property. We are blessed with a greenhouse on property and grew many flowers from seed this winter. A small amount of money made our greenhouse full with beautiful plants.
We look forward to an exciting 2018 and seeing everyone around the club!
Logan Nesbitt, Golf Course Superintendent