HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY!
We are honored to have so many service men and women in our membership at Laurel Ridge! To everyone that has served or is serving in any branch of the military, we offer our heart-felt thanks and appreciation for your sacrifices and service. We also remember the many that lost their lives serving the greatest country on earth. May God bless America.
RING IN THE NEW YEAR LAUREL RIDGE STYLE!
Members will enjoy an evening of dancing and dining, highlighted by a champagne toast at midnight. Chef’s menu begins with shrimp cocktail, oysters Rockefeller, brie with brown sugar & bourbon and vegetable crudite. The scrumptious buffet features carved beef tenderloin, crab-stuffed Norwegian salmon, roasted fingerling potatoes, cous cous pilaf, cumin carrots, asparagus, NY Cheesecake & lavender crème brûlée . Continental Divide has entertained the Southeast for 30 years, and they will keep the dance floor full playing your favorite songs from the decades until midnight. According to our NYE survey, this is the party that you want at your club…don’t miss it! The cost for dinner, entertainment and midnight champagne toast is $68++.
HUNTERS IN THE SKY
We have engaged Mike Skinner with Balsam Mountain Trust to return to LRCC for a repeat performance of his captivating Birds of Prey Program on Wednesday, November 23rd at 2 pm. While the kids are out of school and family is in town visiting for the holiday, we hope to have lots of participation for HUNTERS IN THE SKY. Everyone present for last month’s event loved his presentation and demonstration so much that we asked Mike to return. There is no cost for the program; please RSVP to the office, 452-0545, ext. 0.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
We are growing! Please join us in extending a hearty Laurel Ridge welcome to our newest Sports members:
- Lee & Jennifer Sutherlin, Waynesville, NC
NEW ACCOUNT PAYMENT OPTIONS
Members now have more options to pay their monthly LRCC statements! ACH withdrawals, credit card and debit card payments are available to make paying your bill more convenient.
- Monthly ACH withdrawals can be drafted approximately on the 15th of each month. To choose this payment option and authorize monthly drafts directly from your bank account to pay your current month-end balance due, please contact the office for an ACH Authorization form. Allow up to one month for this service to begin after the form is completed and returned.
- To make a payment on your member account with credit or debit cards, simply follow the link provided on the bottom of LRCC’s website homepage (Paycloud Portal). Payments are made through Plastiq and a minimal fee is applicable (2.5% for credit cards; 1 % for debit cards). For confidential log on procedures, call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Thanksgiving around the corner and Christmas just over six weeks away, we want our members to be aware of the following holiday hours for LRCC:
- Wednesday, November 23-Restaurant open for lunch only (no dinner service)
- Thanksgiving Day-Buffet served 11 am-3 pm; Office & Golf Shop closed
- Friday, November 25-Golf Shop open; Restaurant/Bar & Office closed
- Christmas Eve-Golf Shop closes at 1 pm; Restaurant/Bar & Office closed
- Christmas Day-LRCC closed; No Brunch
- New Year’s Day-Golf Shop open; Restaurant/Bar closed
PRO SHOP SALE!
For those members that are leaving us for warmer climates, don’t forget to spend your Golf Credit Book before you go! These credits do not carry over into 2017. It’s a great time to start your Christmas shopping for the golfers on your list.
- All ladies clothing is on sale for 40% off!
- Men’s Foot Joy golf shirts are marked down.
- GOLF BALL SALE! Penta & Rocketballz golf balls by TaylorMade are Buy One Get One Free! Also, Bridgestone E Series, buy 2 dozen for $40 (regularly $31/dozen).
FITNESS CENTER NEWS
Three new flat screen televisions have been installed in the cardio area! In addition, a 42″ flat screen television was mounted in the weight room. We are pleased to offer a full slate of fitness classes for our members led by certified professionals. Fees for each class are payable directly to the instructor:
- FITNESS TRAINING with Strick Strickland – Free class for members every Wednesday at noon. Let Strick’s years of experience help you tailor your workout to get the most benefit for a healthy life! No pre-registration required; meet in the Weight Room & prepare to be motivated.
- TRX with Eileen Corbin – A new and different approach to fitness for men and women, also known as Suspension Training, that is safe regardless of age, gender or fitness level. Space is limited to 4 participants per class on Tuesdays at 2 pm and Wednesdays at 9:15 am ($10). Please call Eileen to register, 828-421-8566.
- TONE & STRETCH with Lisa Falbo – This session is open to men and ladies and will focus on light resistance training and deep yoga-type stretching on Mondays at 10 am. Cost is $10 payable to Lisa. If you have questions, contact Lisa at 828-337-1368.
- MUSCLES & MASCARA with Lisa Falbo – energetic mix of low impact cardio training, functional fitness and strength training for women only on Tuesdays at 9 am ($10).
- PILATES MAT with Erin Owen – Improve your flexibility and balance with this well-rounded, challenging, and invigorating pilates class on Mondays at 5:45 pm ($12).
- PILATES FOR BUFF BONES with Erin Owen – Suitable for almost anyone even those without bone density issues! Offered Fridays at 10 am ($12).
- CONDITIONING FOR GOLF & RACQUET SPORTS with Erin Owen – Crafted for golfers & tennis players and their specific needs and goals with exercises and stretches that address stability & control, improve range of motion, and help prevent injury. Offered Fridays at 11 am ($12).
- LMBT Brenda Gibson is offering MASSAGE SERVICES by appointment only, (850) 491-9425. She also offers convenient online booking on her website, waynesvillemassagebybrenda.com.
Tennis courts will remain open and club staff will maintain and groom the tennis courts on a daily basis until we experience prolonged freezing temperatures. If any issues with court maintenance arise, please call the office asap. Court reservations should be made in the Cabana.
Thanks for your incredible support of the restaurant this season! The restaurant serves dinner every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evening. Check your email or the online events calendar for menus and hours. Lunch in the clubhouse is available Tuesday through Saturday and a scrumptious Sunday Brunch is offered with a different menu weekly. Please call ahead for dinner and brunch reservations.
- As the season comes to a close, many members still have a balance left to spend on their annual Food & Beverage Minimum. No worries though, there are still many opportunities to come enjoy lunch, brunch or dinner and dine with us! And remember, To Go orders and catering will also count toward your minimum; however, alcoholic beverages do not per NC law. Please keep in mind that December will be very busy with outside events and parties, so it may be wise not to wait until late. Any unspent portion left on your minimum will be billed to your account on January 1, 2017.
- SUNDAY’S BRUNCH menu features carved hardwood-smoked ham, grilled Mahi Mahi, sweet potato casserole, rice pilaf, fried okra, steamed asparagus, macaroni salad, pickled beets, mixed green salad, omelet station, Belgian waffles with berry compote & all your breakfast favorites for $22.99. Ages 7-12 can dine for $8; 6 & under are free! MEMBERS ONLY can order the breakfast portion for $13.99. The Bar is offering specials on Bloody Marys & Mimosas. Brunch is served from 11 am-2:30 pm.
- FLYING PASTA NIGHT is Tuesday, November 15! Our Chefs will create your pasta dish right in front of you! This is a popular dining event so please call ahead for reservations.
- LOOKING AHEAD…Chef Al will offer a PRIME RIB BUFFET on Tuesday, November 22! The menu will include peel & eat shrimp, New England clam chowder, carved slow-roasted prime rib au jus, chicken francaise, roasted red potatoes, Basmati rice pilaf, spaghetti squash casserole, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, mixed green salad, fresh fruit & assorted desserts for $22.99. Ages 7-12 can eat for $8; 6 & under are free.
- An exquisite THANKSGIVING BUFFET will be served on Thursday, November 24, from 11:00 am-3:00 pm. The menu will feature slow-roasted NC turkey with sage gravy, hardwood-smoked ham, carved prime rib au jus, cornbread dressing, oyster dressing, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle, currant & almond pilaf, collard greens, vegetable casserole, cranberry relish, tri-colored kale salad, mixed green salad, fresh fruit, ambrosia & desserts! Cost for adults is $29.99; kids 7-12 are $8. Six and under eat free. Limited reservations remain! Call now to ensure availability.
- Santa Claus is coming to Laurel Ridge! Bring the your children or grandchildren on Sunday, December 4 for a very special BRUNCH WITH SANTA. To be sure, Chef Al is planning a brunch buffet that will please even the pickiest appetites! Save the date and watch for more details to come. Price for adults is $23.99; ages 7-12 are $8 (6 & under are free).
- We’ve got big plans for our Member CHRISTMAS JUBILEE this year on Wednesday, December 7! The angelic Voices in the Laurel will perform and chef’s menu will start the holidays off right! Show your Christmas Spirit by wearing your favorite Christmas sweater & you could win a prize in our “Most Christmas Spirit” Contest. Have your picture made with Santa…cost of $10 will be donated to the Community Kitchen, providing meals to the homeless locally. Non-perishable food items will be collected to benefit the Community Kitchen. Chef’s menu includes winter squash bisque, carved ham with stewed apples, herb-crusted salmon with Dijon buerre blanc & wilted spinach, roasted sweet potatoes, Basmati currant pilaf, cauliflower au gratin, steamed asparagus, Caesar salad & assorted desserts. Cost for the evening is only $23.99; $8 ages 7-12 (6 & under are free).
LRCC offers THANKSGIVING CATERING if you prefer to entertain your family and friends in the comfort of your home. Order a complete meal to feed 10-12 people for only $195 or pick and choose from our a la carte selections. Call Danielle at 452-0545, ext. 138 to place your order by Saturday, November 19 to be picked up Wednesday, November 23 between 4-6 pm.
Congrats to Team Clueless, our champions from Tuesday’s Trivia Night. Winning team members pictured are: Laura Lang, Jim Janke, Veronica Von Zwehl, Alan Lang, Martha Anderson, Kevin Murphy, Pat Janke & David Pheatt. Many thanks to the Gerbers for the excellent questions! Trivia Night will continue next Spring on April 11th. Thanks to all Trivia participants this year for making this a fun & challenging event that was never dull!
Laurel Ridge is welcoming new members with discounted initiations fees for Golf, Sports or Social Memberships. Spread the word to your friends, family and colleagues. Best of all, if you refer a prospective member and they join, you receive a credit to your club account. For a new Lifetime Golf member, this credit will be $300; if you refer an Associate Golf member, you will receive $200. For a Young Professional, Sports or Social member, a $100 credit will be given. Call the office for details or to arrange a tour for your referrals.
CONCEALED WEAPONS COURSE
Member Harvey Morse will teach another Concealed Weapons & NC/FL Carry Permit Course on Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Class will be held at LRCC from 9 am-5 pm in the Mountain Vista Room. Cost is $99 plus lunch. Class fees include ammo and are payable to Mr. Morse (cash is preferred/checks accepted). For questions or to sign up, call 828-631-0000.
KARE FESTIVAL OF TREES
Members are invited to a fundraising event to support KARE’s mission to end child abuse and neglect through advocacy and education on Thursday, November 17. Our halls will be decked and lights twinkling for an evening of cocktails, heavy hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction. For tickets, call 828-456-8995 or visit www.karehouse.org.
BIG T FUNDRAISER
All members are asked to attend the Big T Fundraiser on Saturday, November 19 at 6 pm in the LRCC clubhouse. The evening to support Tuscola High School and Big T Athletics will include a meal, silent auction, special guests and the Sound Explosion will be on hand to provide music. Tickets cost $75 per person and can be purchased at bigtbash.org. Business owners are encouraged to reserve a table for eight!
Did you know that November is National Gratitude Month? Gratitude isn’t just saying thanks; it’s an appreciation for things in your life, so deep, it allows us to pay it forward and extend that goodness to others. May we all practice gratitude in our daily lives. On behalf of the owners and staff at Laurel Ridge, we are truly grateful for each of our members…we have the best members in the world!